De Massini V 1005
B7Dt Est modernized car nicknamed “Romilly”.
|UIC number||Revision date|
|50 87 82-17 390-2 1||9.8.76|
89 g (NEM: 87 to 113 g)
These cars come from the metallization between 1957 and 1962 of 676 old TY cars built from 1907 to 1923 for most of the old railway companies. This work was carried out in the SNCF workshops in Romilly (among others), hence the nickname attributed to these cars. They were originally equipped with “wagon-lits” bogies (photo), but some were later equipped with Pennsylvania Y2 or Y16 bogies. Service withdrawal between 1978 and 1985.
|Overall length||19 280||221.6||221.0|
|Chassis length||17 950||206.3||205.7|
|Body width||2 958||34.0||34.1|
|Pivot distance||12 100||139.1||138.8|
|Bogie wheelbase (Y2)||2 500||28.7||28.3|
|Number of Romilly cars at 1st
(document presented by EC64 on the Loco Revue forum).