Painting is done with an airbrush. I am not yet very comfortable with this tool, but I learn a little every time I use it. What remains painful is the cleaning after each application of a colour. But this operation is much simpler with the Railcolor (nitrosynthetics) and Decapod (solvent-based acrylics) paints, with which it is enough to pass 1 or 2 ml of acetone in the airbrush, after having wiped the paint remaining in the reservoir. With these paints, we can let the airbrush unused for a few minutes — to let a layer dry — without the risk of finding it completely clogged, as it is the case with water-based acrylics.
The chassis, which is, I recall, a transparent piece, is painted in Interfer 807 slate grey. Correctly diluted (although the manufacturer indicates that this product is ready for use) with the brand’s thinner, not with water, this paint, although water-based acrylic type, applies without too much difficulty.
After some setbacks, I finally used the Decapod Celtic green on primer undercoat (because of the metal handrails).
The hue did not satisfy me completely, but I thought I would content myself with it, but no! I was stubborn and I found a solution that satisfies me more: the Railcolor Celtic green colour with a little universal dye — yes, the one for house paint! Dosage: 6 drops of blue and 2 drops of black in the half full bottle, about 30 ml of already diluted 50/50 paint. The result is a little greener than at REE, but it is very close. I was afraid of difficulties in spraying this mixture, but I had no trouble on that side.
To be continued: decals.